About Compensation & Conditions of Services Section
The Compensation & Conditions of Services Section is responsible for developing and implementing fair and competitive compensation and benefits programs aligned with the ministry’s strategic goals. It comprises three units: The Attendance & Payroll Unit, the Promotion & Performance Appraisal Unit, and the Legal Compliance Unit.
Attendance & Payroll Unit
The Attendance & Payroll Unit ensures accurate and timely payment for employees based on their working hours. Their key responsibilities include:
- Tracking employee attendance through timekeeping systems.
- Calculating employee pay and deductions for absences.
- Processing payroll and maintaining employee payroll records.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant labor laws and regulations pertaining to payroll.
Promotion & Performance Appraisal Unit
The Promotion & Performance Appraisal Unit focuses on fair and competitive promotions and compensation based on employee performance. Their tasks include:
- Developing and implementing performance appraisal systems and processes.
- Conducting regular performance appraisals and providing feedback to employees.
- Identifying and recommending employees for promotion.
- Developing promotion criteria and processes.
- Making recommendations to senior management on compensation decisions.
- Ensuring compliance with labor laws and regulations related to promotion and performance appraisal.
Legal Compliance Unit
The Legal Compliance Unit ensures adherence to employment laws and regulations. Their responsibilities encompass:
- Advising management on interpreting and applying employment laws and regulations.
- Conducting audits and investigations to ensure compliance.
- Developing and implementing training programs on employment law and compliance.
- Representing the organization in legal proceedings related to employment law.